Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Zuchinni Bread

This time of year I am usually taking full advantage of all the zucchini that is growing rampant in other people's garden. ( I have yet to develp my own green thumb) Thankfully there isn't usually a shortage of zucchini. My family absolutely love's zucchini bread so I bake and freeze as many loaves as possible. I think I have made 10 so far this year, and will be making about that much more today and tomorrow. I have found the perfect recipe over the years and this year more than ever I have gotten asked for it a whole bunch so I thought I would share. Here it is, hope you enjoy. Please let me know how it turns out for you!

Zuchinni Bread
3 C. Flour
1 Tbs. Cinnamon
1 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Baking soda
1/4 tsp. baking powder
3 eggs, beaten
1 C. Sugar
1 C. Brown Sugar
1 C. Veg. Oil
1 Tbs. vanilla
2 C. peeled and grated zucchini
1/2 C. chopped nuts (optional)

Mix flour, cinamon, salt, baking soda and baking powder together. Set aside. Beat eggs, sugar, brown sugar, vegetable oil, and vanila. Slowly mis in dry ingredients. Blend in grated zucchini and nuts. Pour into 2 greased and lightly floured 8" x 4" loaf tins. bake at 325 degrees for 60 to 70 minutes.

Side note.......I don't use nuts but I LOVE to put chocolate chips in half of my loafs (my hubby doesn't care for it or I would make them all that way.) I just add them at the end with the zucchini. YUMMY!

5 comments:

Andrea said...

Thanks so much! I wanted to make zuchinni bread today and am always looking for the perfect recipe. I can't wait to try it!!

Ashley said...

Thanks! I love, love, love zucchini bread. I'm definitely trying this. Now, if I could just get someone to watch my kids so I can cook in peace! :)

Mara Rosendahl said...

We have zucchini in our garden this year. We so much of it that every thing I make I mix in a little zucchini. Poor Tim! I'll have to try this recipe next time I make bread.

Andrea said...

Tried it out today and I love it!! You're right best zuchinni bread ever, Thanks!

Rademacher's said...

In one of your next batches you should replace the nutts with chocolate chips.. It's soo darn good.. I don't think I have ever had zuchinni bread without them.. YUMMY!!