Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Feeling Lucky!

I had to post about my day today. My wonderful husband got me a day at the spa for Christmas. He really knows the way to my heart. My sister Haley works at a ritzy spa at The Canyon's Resort and hooked me up with an awesomee an experience. I got there at about 12 and was able to relax in the steam room before slipping into a comfy robe and slippers. Then I took a book that I have been trying to read forever but never have the time. I sat in the womens lounge and drank cucumber water and read my book while I waited for my treatment to begin. For those of you with crazy kids and households you know what a treat something this little can be. Then I went into my treatment room and got a full body orange/ginger exfoliation scrub. Then I got a hot towel treatment on my head. While I waited for my bath to be drawn I was given a hot oil scalp treatment. Then I sat in a hot jacuzzi bath for TWENTY FIVE min! I don't remember the last 10 minute bath I have taken. It was heaven. When I got out I was given a 90 minute massage. I fell asleep a couple times even though I was fighting it. I wanted to enjoy every minute of it! When my treatment was over I took my time in the fancy shower (my hair was a nightmare after all the oil) and using all the yummy lotion and hair stuff. It was a fabulous day and just what I needed. Now if only I could do it once a week!
On the downside.....I have had a headache for 12 days straight! I have done everything I can think of to get rid of it and it's still there. I am going to the Dr. tomorrow so hopefully we can figure out what is going on.
We are also taking Aidan to the "Walking with Dinosaurs" show tomorrow night. He is so excited, and so am I. He LOVES dinosaurs! I can't wait to see his face when he sees the T-Rex!

4 comments:

Bree said...

I am soooo jealous of your day!!!! What I would give for a massage right now! But being a mom, you deserve it...Congrats to Barry for giving you such an awesome present!

Dede said...

That sounds awesome. What a great present. I love the cute background too! So fun

Unknown said...

oh steph I am so jealous of that treatment, but you do deserve it. While I was reading it I was imagining I could experience pampering like that.

yeah I am excited for aidan and the dinosaurs I wanted to take cayden but I thought he might be scared.

Dawn Rae said...

That sounds heavenly! I hope you get over your headaches soon, no fun :(