Monday, January 26, 2009

Lil' Dragon

Well Aidan has been in karate for about six months now and finally got to test for his next belt. At his age they go from white to the Little Dragon belt which is a camo belt. His next belt will be the yellow. He absolutely loves karate and it has been so much fun watching him grow and improve. For those of you that have little boys, I strongly recommend karate. He has learned so much abot repect, dedication, motivation, and discipline. His teacher, Mr. Hatch, is amazing. He is so patient with them, yet firm so they take him seriously. Aidan has gotten so good over the last 6 months I am amazed. His belt testing was so awesome. Right before he took the test we were all sitting in the room waiting and I asked him if he was excited, and he said..."yeah, but I'm a little nervous." It was so cute, but I was worried about how he would do because there were so many people there watching for the next few classes after theirs. They did so good, and he was so excited to get his new belt! I am so proud of him for working so hard, and reaching this first goal. I just love this little boy! Sorry the pictures aren't the greatest. I was sitting in the back and the mirror didn't really help my flash.
This is Aidan and his best friend Riley and all their supporters. Rileys family lives two houses down from us and we have all gotten so close. They are such good buddies.

This is them doing their inward blocks. Aidan is the one in the middle.

Roundhouse kicks!


This is Aidan receiving his new belt.

Cute, cute, cute. They just look so little to me!

This is one of my favorite pictures. They "meditate" for a minute at the end of each session. Doesn't Aidan look so relaxed? lol
Aidan with his teacher, Mr. Hatch. I think he is only 19 but he is sooo amazing!

Best Little Dragon Buddies. Love you guys!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

oh Aidan is so cute. I love when he practices on me its so fun. Your little ones are getting big and moving on in their activities!! Can't wait till it gets warmer and we can play!

Jessie said...

wow, very impressive... skateboarding next with matix? :)

Tweeb and Danyette said...

How did I miss this post?!? He looks so cute and so grown up. It was so good to see you!!

Aaron/Kami said...

How fun! You have your kids in such fun things. I need to get Porter in something like that.

Shauni Kaye said...

Thanks for the comment Steph. Ya, that is a ton of water. I would say I am up like every hour in the night. I am doing better though. Your little boy is so cute. Karate does look like fun, but for now we are doing soccer, basketball, and baseball. It seems neverending with all of the sports. Take care.

tyrone&mary said...

I am happy to know your house is being protected by Aiden! that is SO cute! And I love the post about Baylee's gym graduation. Your kids are so cute and they are getting SO big!! Love ya!!

Brasher family said...

How cute! I bet Aiden loves his class!

Heather said...

Aidan is so cute in his karate outfit! Fun stuff.

Shea said...

WOW, he looks so grown up and big! How fun! It was so fun to see you guys at the Circus. You have such darling kids:)