Wednesday, April 1, 2009

The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly.......Very Ugly!

So today was a particularly rough day. Between meltdowns I took a little time to think about my days as a stay at home mom. What I came to realize is that my days can pretty much be summarized by the saying "The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly!" There are many many bad and ugly things that happen each day. From lotion being squirted throughout the house, wall murals painted with deodorant, and food that gets eaten everywhere BUT the kitchen table. It's exhausting! And yet, I wouldn't give up my opportunity to be a stay at home mom for the world. Even on the days when the bad things seriously outnumber the good things (like today). It's amazing how hearing my kids laugh when I tickle them, or Baylee singing the Barney song to me, or the surprise hugs and kisses, or watching them play so good together, somehow make me forget all the bad. These pictures are what a typical day for me looks like. The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly.........and for those of you with a weak stomach, you might want to skip the ugly section cause it IS UGLY!!!!

The Good...............

There's really nothing sweeter than a sleeping princess!

I love when they entertain themselves. They got themselves dressed in these outfits and played forever together!


THE BAD........................
This is a sample of Baylee's fingernail polish artwork on Aidan's bedroom rug. Of course she couldn't get into the clear polish!

Notice there is two colors? Yes the red is from yesterday. I thought I had thrown all of the fingernail polish away after that incident but Baylee managed to find another bottle. I was so mad yesterday that I didn't get any pictures. She was covered from head to toe. I was wishing I had gotten pictures but didn't expect to get a repeat performance and a chance to get those pictures. ugh

I tried about 10 different remedies from online to get it out of the carpet. Not with a whole lot of success unfortunately.

The artist herself pouting in the "naughty spot!" I didn't dare put her in her actual time out seat downstairs because that would mean leaving her unattended for a whole 2 minutes which I wasn't willing to do!

And the UGLY..........Brace yourself!


Yes folks, you guessed it. That's poop! This is how I found Baylee the other morning. She slept in earlier than usual (or so I thought) so I went to check on her. She had been so quiet that I wasn't prepared for what I found. Unfortunately this isn't the first time she had pulled this stunt. If I am not quick enough she decided to take care of business on her own. The smell alone was enough to make me sick but the fact that she had it all over her face really freaked me out. I hope I am not the only one who's kids do this. It's bizarre, disgusting, and I have had enough of it. Potty training boot camp starts tomorrow. Stay tuned!

18 comments:

Dawn Rae said...

WOW! That made me laugh and yes, that's ugly. I hope you find something to help with the polish. We "demarkered" our house a long time ago and yet somehow they still find markers. I guess you are about ready for another cruise. I sometimes think that a working mom's house is probably cleaner because they would just trash the day care center rather than home. Thanks for sharing and good luck :)

Our cute boys said...

I'm sorry, but I was actually happy to see the crazy pictures just so I know I'm not alone. Yes- Griffin has done the poop thing- I AM SO SORRY!! I literally about puked the first time. You had a deoderant mural- I had a poop mural! Your kids are so stinking cute regardless-- I wish we got to see you guys more!!

Rhi said...

Oh Steph, that sooooo sucks. To bad she's so stinkin cute or you'd have to give her away!

Jessica said...

OH my goodness Keira did that a few time I walked in her room and POO EVERYWERE it was disgusting lol! I totally know what your going through TOTALLY!

Dede said...

Don't worry, your not alone, we've been there too! And yet we still love them so much. Ahh the joys of being a mom!

Brasher family said...

I agree with the good, bad, and yes, very ugly days! Don't worry, we've all been there. Doesn't it make you mad when you just want to be angry, but they're too cute for you to stay that way?

How cute are they with their new haircuts. I have been meaning to take Ava (yes, she has never had a haircut), but daddy doesn't want her to go. I'll just have to sneak and see if he even notices. :) I love Aidan's fohawk!!

Alicia said...

Ya I have faced "The Ugly" incident before. Don't feel alone! It is a good thing that there are "The Good" moments then it makes all the the other moments easier to handle. You have the cutest kids.

Andrea said...

Yikes!! I seriously would die if I found Kaitlen with pooped everywhere, bless your heart.

Jenn said...

Oh my gosh! That post should win an award or something-- then you would feel like all that was at least worth something. As bad and ugly as those things were I must say that Bailey is a super cutie-- especially with that new hair do and her sweet cheeks.

Cindy said...

It's nice to see I am not alone. I think every child does the poop thing at least once. I have had it happen 3 times and each were in the middle of the night I was not happy.

Shea said...

HAHAHAHA LOL!!!! STephy I am so sorry HOLY CRAP, the poop is so yucky and I have only had that happen with one child thank goodness! Oh my gosh your kids are still so cute and I can't believe the nail polish little stinker!!

Aaron/Kami said...

Oh Steph...I am so sorry! Not fun! Luckily I haven't had a poop experience like that but I know ones coming! :)

K'Brina Colby said...

I know exactly what you mean. The bad usually out weighs the good, but I wouldn't trade it for anything, poop and all!!!!

Heather said...

WOW is all that I can say. I am glad you took pictures!

Ashley said...

Excuse me for laughing. Some days I seriously go crazy, but all-in-all it's a pretty good job. I'm glad to see that other people go through the same craziness at their homes!

Mara Rosendahl said...

Holy Crap! ha ha. I can't believe I have all this to look forward to. Poor little munchkin.

Lori said...

i just threw up in my mouth. yikes.

The Westlunds said...

Steph!! That is so funny. I would have just died!! We totally need to get together soon! I never do anything. I got a new phone and lost all my numbers so call me soon. Brooke