Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Catch up

I am alive I just took an unintentional break from the blogging world, atleast from my own blog. I have stayed caught up with all of yours thanks to my middle of the night nursing sessions, lol. Somehow though between a new baby, soccer, karate, Jr. Jazz, Holidays, and well.......life, I have gotten really far behind on mine. It wasn't until I uploaded nearly 400 pictures that I realized just how behind I was. Needless to say I will be playing catch up for the next little while. I really want to be able to turn this blog into a book some day do I am setting a goal to get caught up in the next week and a half. Although I will have two more birthdays and Mother's day to post about at that time. lol Never ending. Anyway, if you want to see a few of the shenannigans my little family has been up to lately stay tuned.
So......a couple months ago we decided that since the "puppy" (a 75 lb. black lab) was spending more time outside due to the arrival of the baby that we should get him a dog house. Barry thought it would be a fun project to work on with Aidan. Nevermind that it cost more and took up a ton of time! Oh well it's the thought right? So Barry, his dad and Aidan got to work on a dog house. Barry's dad was an engineer so a plain old dog house just wasn't going to cut it. It had to be framed, insulated, slanted, carpeted, shingled, painted and sealed. It turned out pretty nice and the inside walls lasted longer than I thought they would. I think it actually took Ty a week to eat the carpet and insulation rather than the one day I imagined it would take. Let me briefly backtrack and tell you that our "puppy" is a bit of a nightmare. He has chewed the siding off of our our house, dug out every cable including our phone line in our back yard, destroyed our $2000 playset, and chewed a 4 foot hole THROUGH our new camping trailer just to name a few. I feel like the worst pet owner in the world because I just don't know how much longer we can keep him. We jsut don't have the time to give him the attention he obviously needs. It's a dilemma. Anyway, he has a dog house, for now.
The first two sides getting framed.

Getting the walls up.

They had to take a break for some brief karate chopping of the wood action.


Even Baylee got in on the action. By the way, those are Aidan's old pajamas that she found and refuses to part with. They are her favorite. I will put her in others and she will be back in these when she gets up in the morning, little stinker.



2 comments:

Jessica said...

oh my goodness what a naughty little or should I say big dog I would die if we had a dog and it did that I am suprised you have kept him....lol good luck with him!

Cindy said...

Don't feel bad Stephanie. You are not the worst pet owner because you are still hanging in there with him. We gave up on our black lab/border collie/aussie mix puppy he chewed on everything as well. Cabels as well, brand new lawn mower, BBQ grill, he would jump up and grab the branches of the top of my lilac bush, ruined several toys, he even started taking the slats out of our fence and chewing them up. We gave up, I couldn't handle it anymore. So I give you 2 thumbs up. for sticking with it.