Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Stitches x 2

Back in march my baby girl had to get her first stitches. We were at my cousin Lindsay's house and Baylee was standing on a kitchen chair and reaching for something on the table. Next thing I knew she fell and hit her chin on the table and her upper teeth went THROUGH her chin right below her lip. Luckily my mom and Barry were there because I panicked. It was bleeding so bad and she was so scared. We loaded up and went to the hospital where she had to get 6 stitches. The shot was obviously the worse part and I am not sure who cried harder between her and I. She was so tought though through the stiitches and the hospital staff all fell in love with her. She is so stinking sweet. The stitches were only in for 5 days and the scar is barely visible now.
A picture a snapped while we were getting checked in. The hold isn't really visible in this pic but her her sad little look kills me.

The end result.

A couple days later. Already looking so good.

Well, fast forward to May and we are now at the Instacare, only this time it's for Aidan. I was sitting on the porch the other day talking on the phone with my mom. Aidan had gone in the backyard to get his boomerang. He was reaching under our trailer to grab it. The dog grabbed the other end and pulled him smack into the corner of the trailer. I didn't see it but all the sudded heard screaming. I went running into the backyard to find Aidan covered in blood and panicked. AGH! I hung up on my mom and ran him to the front yard. We washed it out with the hose and I quickly realized it was going to need stitches. Luckily my mom lives close and was able to come sit with the two little kids because we were at the Instacare for TWO hours. The stitches themselves took 10 minutes. I was dreading having to got through this ordeal again but luckily had a much different experience. They put some "silly gel" numbing stuff on him right when we got there. Because we had to wait so long he was super numb by the time we got seen. They didn't even have to give him a shot so the stiching was done with no problem.
Here he is waiting with the silly gel on his head. Such a trooper, still smiling.

Not a very good picture but this is the gash.

And the beautiful stitching job. They were in for 7 days and he thought it was pretty cool that he got to keep them afterwards. Come to think of it.......I have no idea where those have ended up. Hmmm.
Hopefully this is the last of the stitches in our household for a while.

4 comments:

Jessie said...

yikes!!! :) i would have panicked too! hopefully you won't have to deal with that again for a LONG time! :)

Tweeb and Danyette said...

Oh my heck! I HATE it when your children are in pain like that...poor things!

Jessica said...

oh my goodness poor kids! stiches are the worst I have only had one kid get stiches so far and it was heart breaking!

Jenn said...

Wow! We've done the stitches on little ones and I think it was just as hard on me as it was them so I feel your pain. Moms just shouldn't have to see their kids in pain and bleeding.