Thursday, September 3, 2009

How did this happen?

My baby boy........a kindergartner? I really don't know how this day snuck up on me so fast. I have been mentally preparing myself all summer but it still blows me away that my little guy is old enough to go to school. i am so excited for him becasue I know he will love it, and he will do great. I am excited for myself because I know I will get a little more quiet time and will enjoy the break especially when the baby gets here. Yet, I am going to miss having my buuddy around all the time. When Aidan woke up this morning and came and cuddled with me in bed I got teary and told him I was sad that he is growing up and will be goign to school every day. What is so special about this kid? He was bummed for the rest of the mornign and when I asked him what was going on he started crying and said "I am sorry that your sad mom. I'm sorry that you are going to miss me. I will miss you too." Seriously? He wasn't worried about himself, he wasn't nervous. He was just sad for me. I had to explain to him that even though I was a little sad that I was even more excited for him because I knew how much he was going to love it and how many new friends he would make. He was totally fine after that. What a kid! Anway...for some reason he was having a hard time with his smiles today. The are pretty cheesy, but he still looked super cute for his first day of school! Love you buddy!

Baylee giving her big grother a good luck hug! I know she is going to miss him like crazy!

Showing off his new GI Joe backpack that he has been SOOOOO excited to use!


Aidan and his best buddy Riley are in different classes but go at the same time which will be perfect!

Playing on the playgroung while we waited for him to go into class!

Lining up with his new classmates!


Relaxing on the couch and watching a show after a successful day at school! can you tell Baylee skipped her nap today? lol

4 comments:

Dede said...

How is it that we are old enough to have kids in school! I'm pretty sure we just graduated high school :) Good job Aidan, you'll do great!

Unknown said...

oh man already I swear that little guy was just a little baby. He looks so cute. Have fun with the little break .
Love you guys

Jessie said...

awww... what a sweet heart. :)

Dawn Rae said...

I like his hair. I also love the chillin' pic at the end.