Friday, November 21, 2008

Dinner Idea

Okay sorry it is a day late....For those of you that are wondering what this recipe is all about read the post below.
Last night I made Hawaiin Haystacks for dinner and they were really easy and really yummy. Here is the recipe

1/2 C. Butter
1/2 C. Flour
1/2 tsp. salt
3 C. milk
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 C. fresh sliced mushrooms
6 chicken breasts (cooked and cut into bite size pieces)

Melt the butter in a large sausepan. Add flour and salt and mix well. Add milk and cook until thickened, stirring constantly. Add soup, mushrooms, and chicken. Simmer for 15 min. Serve over cooked rice and top with the following items.

sliced celery
grated cheddar cheese
pineapple
chopped green onions
coconut
toasted sliced almonds
chowmein noodles

Enjoy!!!! It serves about 8 people, so if you don't have that many either cut it in half or enjoy the leftovers.

2 comments:

K'Brina Colby said...

I love these and I had forgotten about them. I want to play too.

Tweeb and Danyette said...

I make these all the time but I use cream of chicken soup and my kids LOVE them. This is a really good idea by the way. If I ever come up with something new I will post it too.
Danyette