Monday, March 30, 2009

My Little Tender Heart

Anyone that really knows Aidan, knows that he is extremely sensitive. I am constantly surprised by his ability to be so sympathetic and loving to other people when they are sad or hurt. But Friday night he surprised me again.
We were having our regular family movie night and I decided that we were going to watch Annie. I grew up watching this show and it has always been one of my favorites. Aidan loved it as well, and was sitting on my lap watching it. Towards the end, when Annie leaves with her "parents" and her and Daddy Warbucks are singing that song about how "She was almost my baby.....maybe", you know what I am talking about right? Anyway, Aidan turns to me and is bawling. Full on tears and he is really upset, and says "That's a sad song Mom!" I was in shock. Barry and I looked at eachother for a minute because we were so surprised that he had been that affected. So I paused it and asked him what made him so sad and he just said "I don't know it just makes me feel sad. Daddy Warbucks really loves her huh?" I got teary too because I couldn't believe that a four year old had the capacity to understand what was really going on and to be so affected by it. I told him we better watch the end because it's a happy ending. He was very relieved when they ended up together.
I just had to write this down because it's one of those things I don't ever want to forget. I am so proud of Aidan and his ability to be so loving and thoughtful. He is the sweetest little boy and I know he is always going to be that way. I think it's a great character trait, and I love that he is my little Tender Heart!

1 comments:

Jenn said...

Awe.
What a sweetie. Kade is that way too. We avoid movies like that so he won't cry. :D