Friday, October 3, 2008

Happy Birthday Dad!

Today is my dad's birthday! Aidan called him and sang him Happy Birthday this morning but then we decided to surprise him at work with some brownies. Aidan made him a couple cards, I made the brownies and we were off. I think he was happily surprised when we showed up. Unfortunately he won't get to enjoy the brownies. When I handed them to him, he put the plate on the hood of a truck and next thing I knew it slid onto the floor and broke into a million peices. I was out of paper plates so I used a glass one, and it went all over the place. I guess I will be making another batch of brownies. Hopefully it really is "The thought that counts!" Love you dad, hope you have a great birthday!!!

Holding the cards that Aidan made for him. And yes, Aidan insisted that he wear that hat. Trust me I tried to talk him out of it!

Sweet little Baylee kisses for Grandpa Steve!

And there is part of the aftermath. The white stuff on the left is some of the glass. Bummer!


There is the glass I couldn't pick up with my hand. SAD!!!

1 comments:

Jenn said...

That stinks! You're right though it is the thought that counts, but I'd still make the brownies just for the simple fact that it's a great excuse to bake a treat and eat a little of it! ;)