Friday, October 3, 2008

We can't get enough of the Zoo~

My mom and I took the kids to the zoo last weekend while Barry was home studying. We knew that we probably didn't have too many nice weather weekends left so we wanted to take advantage of it. The kids had so much fun. I would think they would get bored after going so often but they seem to have more fun each time. Aidan spent most of the day running around and kept saying things like "I have lot's of energy because I excercise." And, "Look at me, I am fast like an ostrich." I also realized he does a great penguin impersonation. He can seriously keep anyone laughing. I also found that Baylee's favorite animals at the zoo are the giraffes. I don't think we made it down that far the last time I took her, and my mom and I were completely shocked by her reaction. She kept saying "Whoaaaaa", and loved imitating them eating the leaves of the trees. She was stretching her neck and sticking her tongue out. It took us a minute to realize what she was doing, but it was adorable. She was not happy when we were ready to move on. We were however able to make it up to her with an icecream cone. I think that might have been a favorite for both of them. We really had so much fun. We absolutely love spending time with my mom, aka...Nanny. The kids adore her. Thanks mom for the fun weekend! Hope you enjoy all the pictures. There are a lot but there were so many cute one's it was hard to pick. Look how excited Nanny was. Atleast someone listens to me when I say SMILE!!!

I absolutely love this picture. They were watching the giraffes.

This was Baylee doing her imitation of the giraffes. She seriously did this forever. So stinking cute, although with that tiny tongue I don't think she would be very effective.



Aidan growling like a lion. Once Nanny bought him that hat he was doing a lot of growling. By the way....that hat get's worn EVERY single day now, and was taken to show and tell today.

Big brother helping Baylee with an icecream cone. This didn't last long becasue she needed her own of course. The girl can eat. I have seriously never seen anything like it.

Anyone who know's Baylee well realizes that food is the way to this girls heart. Nanny excercises that fact well and wins lots of kisses and smiles when she gives her treats.

This is what happened when I took the icecream away. Can you say attitude?

If any of you have been to the zoo you will recognize this as the big brown elephant. This elephant has been talked about at our house for years. For the first two years of his life Aidan wasn't bothered by it at all. In fact he sat on it and took pictures with it plenty of times. Last summer however he was all the sudden scared to death of it and wouldn't go within 20 feet of it. Anytime anyone asked him if he liked the zoo he would say "Yeah, but not the big brown elephant." Finally he got over that fear this year and took a picture on it. Baylee wasn't feeling quite as brave. I guess maybe next year they with both like it!

1 comments:

Misty said...

How fun!!! I am jealous. Brayd & I have never taken the girls to the zoo. We are seriously so LAME!!!