Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Father's Day Camping Trip

We spent Father's Day weekend camping at Strawberry Reservoir. We really like to go camping together and that was all Barry wanted to do for Father's Day so I was happy to oblige. I am so lucky to have Barry as my husband and know that my kids have the best Daddy ever. We love him so much and I know there isn't anything that any of us would rather do than spend time with him and together as a family. The weekend was a lot of fun. My mom came up and joined us and I am so glad she did. Mostly because we all love spending time with her, but also it was nice to have an extra pair of hands. Baylee is so busy now that she is walking, (and falling a lot) and was constantly trying to eat dirt. It was her first real camping trip but she sure had a good time. As for Aidan, he of course didn't want to leave. He is completely content to play in the dirt and with sticks, but the fourwheeler, and fishing doesn't hurt either. We took his bat and balls and used paper plates for bases and played a little game of baseball which he loved. Here are some of the pics of our trip. I know there is a lot but I really don't know any of the fancy ways to post them so bear with me.


Daddy and Aidan on the fourwheeler. By the way Aidan loves this helmet and wears it just to ride his bike in the neighborhood.

Getting ready to go fishing with his Spiderman fishing pole and tackle box, or as Aidan calls it his "Taco Box."


Baylee did a face plant off of her camping chair. It was really sad but I had the camera in my hand when it happened and I couldn't resist getting a pic. Poor little stinker!

"Nanny" and Aidan getting ready to go fishing. It would have been a super cute pic if there wasn't so much smoke from the campfire. Bummer, oh well they are cute anyway.



Aidan eating the S'more he waited ALL day to make.


Baylee playing in the trailer while I tried to pack it up. She's not real helpful but she sure is cute.


I wish you could see there faces a little better because they are both so dirty.



Oh my heck I love this girl. She is seriously the happiest baby ever and was so fun to have on this camping trip.


Look at me daddy I am ready to net your fish!

7 comments:

K'Brina Colby said...

Looks like you all had a ball. Camping is fun, but so much work for mommies:)

Autumn said...

That looks so much fun! Little Baylee is darling, she looks so happy. It was good to see a picture of your mom too!

Jenn said...

Strawberry looks so pretty. We really need to get over there. I've never been. I think that is a sin to live in Heber and say you've never been there. :\

Emily said...

Oh my heck those pics are so cute. It makes me want to go camping. I can't wait for our upcoming trips. SOOO CUTE

Kevin & Lindsay said...

Looks like you had tonz of fun! Your family is so cute. Baylee is so stinkin' cute. We need to do a playdate sometime again. Heard anything about the cleggs house?

Rhi said...

The picture of Baylee after she feel off the chair is priceless! I love Aiden's Spiderman fishing pole. Looks like fun!

Lori said...

Cute! THis makes me want to go camp so bad.