Monday, June 9, 2008

Tee-Ball Time


Aidan started a Tee-ball class a few weeks ago and has really enjoyed it. It is a program through the city of Riverton, and so far Aidan has participated in Soccer, Basketball, and now Tee-ball. It is always so cute to watch all the kids. They all have some ADD issues but overall Aidan seems to enjoy it and learn a lot. They work on all the different aspects of the sport and cycle through little skill sets like throwing, catching, hitting, etc. Here are some pictures I took last week.


I had to post this picture because the same thing happens every week. The coach gives some instructions and says what they need to work on in each rotation and talks mostly to the parents. Aidan always looks bored out of his mind but entertains himself by playing with the grass.



This is his cute little group. Aidan is on the back row, second from the left. I don't know if any of you from Salina recognize the coach but he is my age and from Richfield. His name is Rodney Anderson and he was on the basketball team. He looked really familiar to me when I first met him, but I don't think I ever knew him. I just thought it was funny that he was from Richfield.




Baylee was bored and mad that she couldn't be down running around and playing with all the balls.



Aidan working on catching. They practice with Koosh balls which isn't very helpful because he just thinks they are cool and wants to play with them.



Swing batter batter! He loves this part and is getting pretty good at it. It's cute to watch him focus on getting his proper "stance."



Aidan running to third base. This is my favorite thing to watch. They each take turns hitting the ball off the tee and then run one base everytime someone hits. It's just to get them used to running the right direction and paying attention to the batter. It's so funny because you have to yell at all of them to run because there is always some one who is daydreaming and doesn't run and then they all start piling up. So funny!

5 comments:

Aaron/Kami said...

I'm so excited for Porter to start playing little sports! I know it is going to be so funny...and cute! Aidan looks like he's pretty good!

Emily said...

I cannot believe how big he is getting. I can't wait for our Aidan to start playing sports too.
CUTE,CUTE,CUTE!

Rhi said...

Nothings better than tee-ball, and you usually leave feeling like you've had a good workout from laughing so hard.

Autumn said...

How fun, Teball! I love his hair! That is so cute! Baylee is adorable! It amazes me how little girls get so bored! ;)

Tiffany said...

Hey Steph I know what you mean about 8 years being a long time. Can you believe how fast time flies? It just means one thing, "we are getting old!"